jueves, 8 de enero de 2009

WRITING PROJECT

ALL ABOUT MY LIFE MARGA PLANELLS SERRA

I was born on 7th April 1972 in Ibiza, Balearic Islands, so I’m Spanish. I’m thirty-six years old, I’m married and I have two daughters. Aina is seven years old and Laia is four years old. My husband, Roly (his name is John but we always call him Roly) is forty-three years old. He works at the restaurant of a hotel as the Maitre. We have known each other since I was seventeen years old, and 26th November is our nineteenth anniversary.

I’m the youngest of four children, two boys and two girls, Miguel, Pepe, Lina and me. My husband´s family is a big family too, there are five children, all of whom live in Ibiza. When both families get together for a meal we have a big party, there are more than forty of us all together (grandfathers, grandmothers, brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters-in-law, nephews, nieces and their boyfriends and girlfriends). My family is one of the most important things in my life.

I lived in the contryside until I was four years, in a house in a small village, San Mateo, without electricity, without running water and no bathroom. All of my grandparents, both my parents and all my brothers were born in San Mateo. I was the only one of my family who was born in a clinic in Ibiza. I was born at 5:05 a.m.
Afterwards, we moved to a flat in Ibiza, so that my brothers could start work and my sister and I could go to school. My father worked as a truck driver for a few years. Then he was a taxi driver and now he is retired. My mother has never worked outside the home, she takes care of the house and the children.
My two brothers and two of my nephews are also taxi drivers. One of my nephews has been working very hard in summer to pay for his studies. My sister and I work at the airport, for Iberia airlines. We are in the passenger department (check-in and boarding) from May to October.

I went to “La Consolación”infant school, did primary in “Sa Graduada” school and secondary school in “Santa Maria” . When I was eighteen I had to decide if I wanted to continue studying or not. Finally that summer I started working in a clothing store, Mango, and I worked there for eleven years. After that when my first daughter was born I left that job and I started to work in Iberia, but only for the summer season. I usually take advantage of the winter to study. Now I´m studying teaching. This is the third year, and at the moment I’m doing the “Practicum” in a school. The children are so loving and fun, I love it! They´re so spontaneous! And I like their curiosity and energy.

My favourite hobby is travelling. I've been travelling around Spain and Europe but I have also been to Mexico, Thailand, Panama, Turkey, Nepal, Peru, Egypt, Vietnam and Cambodia. Them people I liked most are the Asian. I love travelling to countries with different cultures & traditions.
I’m thinking that next year when I’ll have finished my degree I’ll make a trip with my family, They like travelling too. Maybe we could go to Bali because we’ve got friends there. I think that when you travel you learn a lot and meet interesting people. This is something I would like my daughters to live.
First of all I must finish my degree.

No hay comentarios: